foreigner: (ok map)
[personal profile] foreigner posting in [community profile] msart
Finally, pictures!





Hollywood by night. (A few of these pictures are foggy because my camera's shutter didn't work right and I didn't notice it until later, but I kind of like the effect here.)







Downtown LA.







And then we hit the road!







Somewhere in California.







The two of us (I believe this is the first picture of [personal profile] jubu in this blog) and the car.







Still in CA, I think.







In New Mexico, the landscape got more arid.







Mirror view.







High winds and sandstorms.







And there it is! A sandstorm!







In Texas, it got greener again.







And then we landed in hot and humid Austin. This is on the patio of a Japanese restaurant right next to our motel, where we ate several times during our stay there. The red penis to my left is the sign of out motel.







Not to brag, but the motel had a pool. Just perfect for the hot weather. We quickly learned not to try and do much in the middle of the day but just spend lazy time playing cards by the pool.







People batwatching (in vain, as the bats didn't show up) on Congress Avenue bridge in Austin.








We've played a lot of Lost Cities here; and this is my official birthday portrait.






An absolutely perfect swimming spot at Barton Springs, Austin, Texas. The water was just the right temperature and the nature was stunning.







Aaaand we're on the road again, this time up towadrs Oklahoma City. Futuristic highway intersection!







Juuso turns thirty, and we visit the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. Official birthday portrait. (Sry bad lighting & I can't correct the angle here!)







I loved the reconstructed Western town at the museum.







Bricktown, in the center of Oklahoma City: rather charming but totally deserted. Seriously, this is like a ghost town.

Date: 2010-06-24 12:15 pm (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
Ah, the open road! So inspiring!

Man, I never knew "Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear" was an actual health warning; I thought it was just a Meat Loaf lyric!

Did you choose the motel on the basis of the sign??

Zed

Profile

A Medium-Sized American Road Trip

Info

Two Finns go to the U S of A:

[personal profile] foreigner travels because there is a world. So many people, animals and fossils.

[personal profile] jubu's superpowers include dangerous levels of infectious optimism and an inhuman ability to sleep almost anywhere.

See our route plan

July 2010

S M T W T F S
    123
45678 910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Page Summary

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 21st, 2026 06:25 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios